Thursday, April 12, 2018

Guest Designer - Jennalee Anderson

It is time to introduce our Guest Designer for the Elegant Jewels challenge.  Please say hello and give a warm welcome to Jennalee Anderson of The Papered Soiree.  Jennalee was the Design Team's Top Pick for the Get in on the Action challenge.


Hi!! I am so thrilled to be here as Guest Designer for the Elegant Jewels challenge.

My name is Jennalee Anderson. I live in the Salt Lake Valley with my husband and our dog, Pepper. And yes, I am one of those crazy fur mommas!! I am a self-proclaimed mixed media artist and spend most of my free time in the studio making messes. My current love is combining paper and textiles with lots of messy stitching. I love sharing my creative journey on my blog, Instagram, and various Stampington publications.



When I first read about the Elegant Jewels challenge I was truly stumped!! After throwing around a few ideas, I finally landed on making a piece of jewelry. A mini house journal necklace had been on my list to try for awhile, and I thought why not now?

Can you believe that this is made from Shrinky Dinks? Distress Inks and a bit of Distress Paint offer up that warm, rich color. It’s a simple project, with huge impact. The addition of a Tim Holtz Assemblage charm took it to the next level. The jewel tones from the various fibers really brought everything together.

* * *
To get all the details on how Jennalee made this little gem, just pop over to her blog and then come on back and share your creation for the Elegant Jewels challenge.  The challenge can be found HERE and runs until 11:55 pm on April 24th so you have lots of time to create.

Don't forget to come back for a visit on Saturday when one of the Design Team members will have a terrific showcase for you and then next Wednesday the funkie gals will be sharing their inspiration for the Elegant Jewels challenge..

8 comments:

  1. This is completely gorgeous Jennalee! Can't get over how something so small can have such a big impact. LOVE the incorporation of the Jeweled Charm which takes it to another level. Off to see more on your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love that beautiful gem you created and on a mini house journal... Yeah!! Thanks for guest designing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is so wonderful, I can’t believe it’s shrinky dinks! The gem piece does take it from fantastic to fabulous! Hopping over to learn all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jennalee! You are totally speaking my paper love language here! This is just fabulous! Such a creative idea to begin with, and then so perfectly executed! Thank you for being our Guest Designer at Frilly and Funkie! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really awesome and so creative and useful! Beautiful choice of jewel. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You keep outdoing yourself Jennalee!! This is absolutely stunning in it's creativity, color & those little touches you do so well, like that lovely ribbon and beautiful bauble on the front!! Love! Love! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful and what a fun project and great use for shrinky dinks! I love it!

    Cathy J

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is such a creative project! and that jewel is gorgeous! I'm off to see the details! Thank you for being our very special guest! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete