Saturday, November 5, 2016

Saturday Step x Step - Mesh Christmas Card


It is Cec here and I am back to share the process that I used to make this Christmas card for the current challenge.


I started with some Recollections card stock for the blank. Next I chose paper from Graphic 45 St. Nicholas for the background and then a couple papers from Prima's Sweet Peppermint pad. I also cut some ephemera from the Graphic 45 pad. All the paper elements were distressed with my scissors and inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.



Using a Marianne Creatables die I made one poinsettia from Tim Holtz Kraft Core Shattered Collections adding layers of red tulle petals in between the card stock petals. I coloured a Idea-ology Gumdrop with a Copic marker and added it to the centre.




Next I made a couple smaller poinsettias from crinoline that I dyed with a mixture of Candied Apple and Fired Brick Distress Ink. One layer of petals was dragged through a bit of Forest Moss DI. Some large seed beeds were added for centres.


I used the Holiday Greens die and some more of the Shattered Kraft Core to add some greenery behind the flowers. Finally I added the ephemera along with a Flash Card from the Holiday pack topped by a loopy bow made from burlap string and tied together with some little bells.

This was really a very easy card so I hope you will be inspired to dig out some sort of mesh and make something for our current challenge - you could get a start on your Christmas cards as I did or make some other project with mesh. You still have lots of time to enter the What a Mesh challenge as it runs until November 15th at 11:55 pm EST.

6 comments:

  1. I adore those poinsettias Cec! Thank you for guiding us through how to make your beautiful card xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I keep forgetting to use tulle and crinoline-thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful step by step Cec and those poinsettias are incredibly beautiful!! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the step by step, Cec! Your card is beautiful and I'm loving those crinoline poinsettias!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great steps. You have done a great job for me as I am a beginner and can follow this nicely. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the step by step instructions! Your flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete