Thursday, September 22, 2016

Guest Designer - Autumn Clark

It is time to introduce our Guest Designer for this challenge and she is a familiar face.  Please welcome back Autumn Clark of Sew Paper Paint.  Autumn was the Design Team's top choice from the It's a Small, Small World challenge.


"I am married to an amazing man, and my biggest supporter. We have four children, yes four! I work full time as a church secretary. I have been stamping for over 15 years. Creativity is my outlet, passion and purpose. I define my style as grunge meets elegance.

Though I love to distress everything, I like to balance my work with a touch of pretty and neat. In addition to stamping, I love to draw and paint and have found that mixed media allows me to blend these skills and create rich artwork, filled with depth and texture."


"I'm so pleased to be creating alongside of this fabulous team for the Going Round in Circles challenge. I decided to do a good old fashioned upcycling project and created a Christmas ornament from a jar candle lid. I adhered a circle of burlap paper inside the jar, then glued jute twine around the seam. I adhered more braided jute trim along the rim. 

 I embossed a pattern with tinsel embossing powder onto the burlap, then layered my elements for dimension. I used Tim's photo booth images as a special nod to motherhood. I mixed a couple of Tim's pine bough dies with a festive Prima flower. This very simple project would be an easy one for you to recreate for your holiday gifts. Thanks again to the Frilly & Funkie team for having me today!"

* * *
Pop over to Autumn's blog to get a closer look at her sweet ornament and all the rest of her wonderful work and then come on back and join us with your circles project. By entering you have the opportunity to be one of our future Guest Designers and we love to see what you create.  You have lots of time as the Going Round in Circles challenge is open until 11:55 pm EST on October 4th.

11 comments:

  1. This is so inventive and beautiful Autumn! Thrilled to have you back as a guest designer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Autumn, adore how you put this together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! What a wonderful idea Autumn! It would make a great gift for family/friends/teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Autumn...and so unique xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see Autumn here and with such a wonderful project! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Autumn, your ornament is fabulous! Wow, I really love the idea and it makes such a wonderful gift idea!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Autumn, a candle jar lid never looked so good! Very creative and very beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Autumn, it's great to see you back again as Guest Designer, and you have created a very special project! Beautiful ornament! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a great pleasure to see Autumn's beautiful art work again here! So very creative and fabulous! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Love how you transformed an ordinary candle jar lid into something fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your work is always filled with warmth and nostalgia, and this clever upcycle is no exception. I love the texture you added with the evergreen boughs, flower and jute trim! Thanks so much for being our guest designer. I'm always inspired by your beautiful art. xo

    ReplyDelete