Thursday, January 16, 2014

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Heather !

Today we are welcoming Heather of My Artistic Adventures as our Guest Designer. Heather was chosen as the DT winner of the Tags and Thank You challenge back in December. So let's move on and hear from Heather and find out what she's made for the current challenge, The Warmth of Winter.


I'm Heather a.k.a 'My Artistic Adventures.' I live in Michigan, with my Dear Hubby, two teenage sons, and two kittys.  I work full time as a RN with Ventilator Dependent Teens and in my spare time I love to be creative.  I love to find vintage images, alter them digitally and then create my own collage sheets, which I sell online.   I tend to create mostly hybrid projects, usually in the Vintage or Shabby Chic style.  I recently started my own challenge blog.   I also love to paint, particularly roses.   I was so excited when offered the opportunity to Guest Design here at Frilly and Funkie!



What says "Warmth" more than a sweet handmade gift, that reminds you of Spring or Summer? I thought that I would create a small origami box, created in the Vintage Shabby Chic style that I love so much.  



 I created my own digital paper, printed it out and followed a video on how to create the origami box.  I added some of my favorite Ribbons, trims, embellishments  and of course glitter!


I used one of my collage sheets to create a sweet little bracelet.  Feel free to stop by my blog to learn more about my creation.

I'm sure you will agree Heather's project is absolutely stunning and anyone would be over the moon to receive such a beautiful gift.

Remember if you would like to join us as Guest Designer, all you have to do is join in with the current challenge !




10 comments:

  1. Never mind warming someone's heart, this would positively melt it!! What a fantastic box and bracelet Heather. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. It has been great to find out more about you. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little origami box makes a wonderful container for the beautiful bracelet Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous pieces - they warmed my heart just looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather's projects are amazing! I am stunned by the level of detail in each of her pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a beautiful piece - love the warmth of the sunshiney tropical colours - gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful box! It's just so gorgeous and bright for a winter day! The bracelet is beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Heather~ So glad you could join us as a guest designer! A beautiful project just full of pretty!! I love that little box and your embellishments! Any chance of a link to the video? I would love to give that shape a try! ((hugs)) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca~ I have the link in my blog post :0)
      hugs!!

      Thanks for the love :0)

      Delete
  8. I'm so happy to see Heather here at Frilly and Funkie. She has a unique style that is sure to captivate your attention. I've seen her wonderful designs used by others both on the frilly and funkie side of creativity. Her particular piece featured today just begins to showcase her talent. Helene

    ReplyDelete